Friday 2 September 2011

A Little Something Vintage

As well as writing slightly random articles I run a tiny little online vintage shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sowhatitsvintage



 I am a student and thus, by definition, am constantly broke. As a result I've spent the last few years developing some awesome bargain hunting skills and some strong views about the nature of vintage fashion (i.e. that it's about looking affordably fashionable and unique, not some pretentious 'It's vintage therefore it's cool/horrendously overpriced wank' mentality). So I figured I might as well sell on some of the wonderful things I find that are the wrong size/shape for me but would look awesome on other people for a little profit, and here's a couple of pieces currently in stock:


This lovely item is a vintage 70's, size UK 6-8, silk crepe, Jaeger dress. It is top quality, delightfully on trend and flattering in all the right ways...well to everyone whose over 5'1" anyway (midcalf length on someone of petite stature - personally I'm not a fan...which is a shame because I really need some actually interesting office/meeting appropriate clothing). But on those that can pull it off this dress is an instant must have this Autumn. And it's only £30.

The warm (well, warmish, this is England after all) days of summer may be coming to an end but this gorgeous fit and flare, late 80's/early 90's, cotton, size 12, summer dress will happily see you into the autumn with a pair of tights and some boots. Just £16.

80's cotton, size 10-12, high-waisted floral midi skirt. It's gorgeous, but unfortunately that same midi length that I just can't quite pull off. But it could be yours for a mere £9. 

Lovely shoes! These 80's Bally court heels are good quality, a little bit different and a little bit nice, size 3, £13.

If you like the look of anything, want to see the rest or think it's hilariously ridiculous and wish to mock some more (item views are item views ;) ) check out the rest of my stock at http://www.etsy.com/shop/sowhatitsvintage

H.B.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment